What we're building
Synapse Technology provides an artificial intelligence platform for the hundreds of thousands of security checkpoints around the world, including airports, office buildings, and others. Today, screeners running checkpoints miss most threats, providing minimal security. Human operators face massive cognitive challenges and are unfortunately the only barrier that can prevent a dangerous item from getting through a checkpoint.
Our AI platform processes these X-Rays in real time to automatically detect firearms, knives and other threats. This automated screening solution reduces the reliance on human operators for screening. Our technology drives innovation into a stagnant industry, with a unique ability to have a high impact in a short amount of time on a global scale. We work closely with senior government stakeholders worldwide, and our systems are currently deployed at international airports across the world in Japan, Sweden, and other countries. To date, millions of passengers have been secured by Syntech ONE™.
The Role – Deep Learning and Computer Vision Engineer
We are looking for the 3rd addition to our computer vision team. With two engineers and several interns so far, we have built high-performing object detection models that have been deployed at multiple airports, and are being actively used by security screeners to look for threats in baggage.
You will be an early member of our Computer Vision team. You should expect to alternate between core systems engineering projects and computer vision training/design/implementation projects, and be expected to think at a higher level about how one affects the other.
In preparation for scaling our CV models across locations, we need to build an all-in-one system that spans the pipeline from data generation, curation, storage, synchronization, annotation, querying, integrity checking, to training, logging model performance, visualizing large amounts of data, and building in-house tools. The ideal candidate will be ready to hit the ground running building scalable software systems and training CV models.
What we're looking for, CV:
- Comfortable reading research papers and implementing models.
- Comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system, such as online learning, transfer learning, and few-shot learning.
- Deep understanding of model training, what affects performance (hyperparameters, data distribution, etc).
- Ability to apply a known framework like Tensorflow’s Object Detection API for our specific context or even implement an algorithm from scratch.
- Ability to write model pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for future team members to build upon.
What we’re looking for, Software Engineering:
- Experience building production services in a distributed setting with offline and online components.
- Familiarity with modern computing stacks: production servers, ETL data pipelines and distributed databases, stream processing.
- Ability to think through and make appropriate design trade offs.
- Ability to understand, build and evolve large systems.
- Insurance: Coverage for employees and dependents.
Health: 100% of the premium of Platinum PPO 20/10%/4000 OR Platinum HMO 10/10%/2700.
Dental: 99% of CA Beam Smart Premium Select 100/100/60/50-2000.
Vision: 99% of the premium.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and telling us a bit about yourself.